There’s nothing better than cozying up next to the fire with a loved one on a cold winter’s day. And while there’s nothing wrong with cocoa, it’s nice to warm up with something a little harder on occasion. If you’re looking to up your holiday cocktail game with hot or cold cocktails or seasonal punches, follow along for some sip-worthy recipes that are sure to make this season merry and bright!
Fall Harvest Sangria from EatYourselfSkinny.com
1 Bartlett pear
2 Honeycrisp apples
¼ cup pomegranate
2 cinnamon sticks
2 ½ cups apple cider, fresh
1 cup club soda
1 (750ml) bottle favorite white wine
½ cup vodka
- Place chopped apples, pears, orange slices, pomegranate seeds and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher. Pour in wine, apple cider, and vodka and mix well.
- Allow flavors to marinate in the fridge a few hours before serving then add club soda. The longer it sits the better!
Bourbon Pecan Pie Cocktail from BasilandBubbles.com
Makes 1 Cocktail
1 ounce Maker’s Mark Bourbon
1 ½ ounce Evangieline Pecan Praline liqueur
½ ounce vodka of your choice
- Pour all ingredients over ice and stir
Holiday Spiced Mulled Wine from JoyfulHealthyEats.com
Makes 1 Cocktail
1 Pink Lady apple
¼ cup honey
1 cinnamon stick
3 cloves, whole
2 star anise
1/3 cup brandy
1 bottle red wine
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium sauce pan or Dutch oven. Cover.
- Turn burners to medium heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
Cranberry Margaritas from GimmeSomeOven.com
Makes about 3 cups
1 ½ cups 100% cranberry juice
¾ cup fresh lime juice
¾ cup tequila
½ cup orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau or Triple Sec
- Stir all ingredients together until blended. Serve